My Thoughts on part of a Jim Rohn interview I regularly listen to:
Jim Rohn was an exceptionally inspiring thought leader and in one of his interviews he said ‘ the greatest value in life is living a good life’
He suggested we live by these 5 things:
- Good Friends
- Don’t miss the game!
- Take care of your inner circle
He outlines his interpretation but I wanted to look at it from how I have lived my life.
- Productivity – I have always believed that I should work hard and play hard. I love to work, to guide people to a better life as often as I can. Some people see my working so many hours each day as a bit excessive but it isn’t work to me, it is sharing my skills will those that want to learn and I am blessed to be in this fortunate position! Producing something to help the world or even just a few people is so rewarding.
- Good Friends – I love to spend time with my friends, I will confess I am not the best at keeping in touch because my work often gets in the way, but I know that when we get together we’ll have a laugh. I truly value their time, friendship and the memories we share. Friends are so important to feeling that you really belong.
- Spirituality – This word is big in my book, I love to learn how to be better, to develop my skills, to offer something back to the world that surrounds me. I truly believe I was put on this earth to help make a difference. It has taken many years of learning to now understand where I can best help others. Spirituality is what’s in your heart!
- Don’t Miss the Game – It’s so easy to step out of life and miss the fantastic opportunities we all have. I remember being devastated at losing my business and admit I hid for a short while, feeling battered and bruised but something very strong in my heart made me stand up and get back into this exciting world around me. Now I am fortunate enough to help people that need that little gentle push to jump back into my favorite place, the world of owning your own business!
- Take care of your inner circle – we all have an inner circle, mine is my lovely family, I am the first to admit I lose track of time and don’t chat to them all as much as I should, but I do try to ensure that we have times that make lovely memories. Your family is your rock, through good and bad times. I treasure my family and that I’m sure is what Jim is telling us to do!l