GOOGLE is King or is IT?
When you think about your business, I guess the general thinking is: ‘my website will bring me all of the customers that I need’.
There’s no need to do anything with the site as Google’s so good it will do it all for me! ‘Oh if only!’
Well that was true a few years ago but there are thousands of sites being launched daily, that you have to now understand a few important things to ensure:
- Google knows your site is there
- Google trusts your site
- Google knows your site has the information that their searcher wants to see
- Google knows your site loads quickly
- Google knows its searchers will have a good experience even when using a tiny phone screen
So what do I advise?
Understand the reality, a website doesn’t build a business – hard work promoting it does!
I recommend the following starter actions:
- Set up a Google account and ensure you set up all parts of this account. Google My Business, Google Adwords, Google Analytics.
- Add Google code to your website
- Put yourself in the shoes of your perfect customer and build the site around them
- Ensure your site loads quickly, eliminate slideshows etc. make the site clean, and streamlined
- Make it mobile friendly – this is now the Google Biggie!
So if you want a bit more info about your site, why not get my site audit report – it’s free!